We’re looking for experienced and motivated penetrations testers, who are interested in penetration testing and security research.
Careers @ TrustFoundry
Security Consultant (Penetration Tester)
Candidates located in Kansas City are slightly preferred, but we are very open to remote, especially for consultants with experience.
- Experience in application and/or network penetration testing
- Ability to read and write code in common languages
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in any areas of personal interest
- Computer Science, Information Assurance, or related degree
- Completion of MOOCs in security-related fields
- Involvement in security-related projects including CTFs
- Completion of security-related books
- Experience in technical fields
- Certifications such as Offensive Security certifications (OSCP/OSCE/OSWE/OSEP), ELearn Security Certifications (WAPTX), etc.
Example Interview Topics for an Application Security-focused candidate
- Basic knowledge of modern authentication, including OAuth, JWTs, etc.
- Moderate Knowledge of common attacks (XSS, Injection, Authentication, Authorization, SSRF, etc.), and the ability to detect and exploit them.
Salary is competitive and dependent on experience and qualifications.
If you are interested in helping secure companies through pen-testing and security research, please send your resume to [email protected]
Account Executive (or Inside Sales Executive, Sales Manager, Sales Director)
We seek an ambitious and team-oriented Account Executive to join the growing TrustFoundry team in Kansas City.
TrustFoundry is a leading information security consulting firm based in Overland Park, Kansas. The tight-knit, expert TrustFoundry team works to help clients eliminate risk through custom technical security services, including application penetration testing and network penetration testing services.
Founded in 2014, TrustFoundry has grown organically, hiring experts and remaining singularly focused on customer satisfaction. We have a talented team, wonderful customers, and we work in an exciting space where we can make a true impact. We are fortunate to have a great employee and customer retention rate, with a high percentage of customers coming from referrals.
Our team is remote, efficient, and highly technical—big enough to offer excellent client experiences and team collaboration, yet small enough to ensure no one is “just a number.” Instead, contributions are valued, and any one person can significantly impact the company and our customer’s success. The success of our customers comes first, so we have happy customers who are rewarding to work with.
The industry we work in is fast-changing—we love what we do and how we can use technology and our skills to better our clients. So while we don’t expect an Account Executive to know everything about IT security, to enjoy this role and company environment, you’ll need to have a certain level of technical interest and openness to learning about it.
This is a new position due to company growth. This role will help manage and grow existing accounts, acquire new clients, and support operational efforts.
- Manage and develop relationships with existing clients
- Scoping security projects (in tandem with technical consultants)
- Proposal, document, and statement of work creation and delivery
- Promotion of TrustFoundry’s services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
- Project handoff to the services team
- Ensuring customer satisfaction throughout the project
- Listen closely to customer communications and empathize with customer’s needs.
Account Executive / Business Development Duties
This person will perform new business development efforts for TrustFoundry selling the expert services of consultants to companies ranging from startups to Fortune 100 enterprises.
- Lead opportunity generation, client prospecting, and qualification
- Identify and establish partnerships
- Research organizations and target verticals to identify new opportunities
- Develop relationships with prospective clients
Other – Depending on strengths and areas of interest
- Marketing (social media, website updates, online advertising, etc.)
- Other optional tasks you would like to take on to help the success of our team
We collaborate closely over Slack with other members of the sales and technical team. You will work collaboratively with our team to define the best approach and strategy for daily tasks. For example, pulling in technical personnel for SOW/proposal creation or a client-facing meeting, marketing technical collateral created by TrustFoundry as an essential sales tool, etc.
This role is open to candidates of all experience levels, from a few years of experience to tech industry veterans (compensation of $60,000 – $140,000+ OTE depending on experience, and expertise).
- Sales experience with a proven background of success
- High-level technical background or interest: while we don’t expect you to know everything about IT security, and we can certainly help teach you, keeping up with the industry will greatly help you advise and support our customers with their information security challenges.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build rapport with a wide variety of people (software developers, sysadmins, managers, directors, c-level, etc.)
- Capable of working independently and taking on challenges with limited direction
- Someone who loves helping both customers and teammates be successful
- Experience in B2B IT sales.
- Experience in information security
Please send your resume to [email protected]
- Work from home
- Flexible work environment, including flexibility in schedule
- Unlimited PTO
- Training & Conferences
- Medical and Dental benefits
- An excellent culture that supports employee development
- Work with a high-quality team; Our customers are happy customers!